Moderna Responsive WordPress Theme
Moderna is responsive and clean WordPress theme which is suited for both professional business sites and creative personal portfolio.
Moderna comes with two skins – boxed and stretched of which every has ten color styles. Boxed version comes with 15 patterns, to give you countless options in organizing and managing your contents.
Moderna is now WordPress 3.7 ready!
- Responsive Design
Now you don’t need to worry anymore about how your page will look on smartphone or iPad, or smaller resolutions.
Moderna is fully responsive, and we will show you how to use it’s responsive features in the following sections.
- HTML5 & CSS3
Enhance your online experience with CSS3 amazing effects and development process with new HTML5 semantics.
- Vimeo, Youtube and HTML5 video
With Moderna you can show your videos in a lightbox, when using vimeo or youtube video, or simply in HTML5 video
player. See it in action on “media” page.
- 44 social icons
We included 44 social icons that are already styled in the main .css file “style.css”. You can see preview of all of them
on “media” page.
- 2 Skins
As we already pointed, Moderna comes with two different skins, boxed and stretched version.
- 10 Color Schemes
Moderna comes with ten pre-defined color schemes, including: default blue, dark blue,
nowadays popular orange, red, pink, purple, green, dark green, chocolate brown and yellow.
- 15 Background Patterns for Boxed Version
There are 15 beautiful background patterns including dark, light for more clean design, and two wood patterns for more
- Two widgets: Social Stream and TweetsScroll
We know social networks and photo streams are very popular these days, so we decided to develop photo stream widgets
from most popular “social networks” and similar sites. Following social widgets are included:
- Youtube videos
- Tweeter feed
- News photo feed
Also there is TweetScroll widget which you can use to share your Tweets with visitors, it has many options to customize your tweets in way you like.
Both widgets are intuitive and nice looking.
You can see all the shortocodes that comes with Moderna in action on the “columns”, “elements” and “media” pages. These includes include:
- 12 Grid Shortcodes (960gs)
- Three different styles of dropcaps
- Accordion content
- Tabs content
- Toggle content
- Info boxes, including info, error, success, note, warning and shop boxes.
- List with colored icons
- List with grey color icons
- Three button sizes
- Right and left pullquote, full sized blockquote
- Three versions of highlighted text
- Theme special shortcode like Services, Carousel, Social Stream
- many more…
- Advance Theme options
Moderna offers advanced but easy to use Theme options you will like. There are many options you will probably want to customize and Moderna’s Theme options will help you to that with few clicks.
What you will find there?
General Theme options like Google Analytics script, Appearance options for skin changing, Slider management, Social Media creator and many more.
- 4 Different Portfolio Page Layouts
You can choose from four different portfolio layouts. These are: Portfolio 2 columns, Portfolio page with three columns,
Four columns and portfolio with showcase. Portfolio with showcase can also have two, three, or four columns so you have 6 possible layouts.
You can see demo on “Portfolio page”.
- 2 Different Portfolio Single Layouts
There are two Portfolio Single Layouts – with grey background, in portfolio showcase style and clean white one.
- 3 Different Contact Pages
Moderna comes with 3 different Contact page layouts: with wide map, with “short map” (map width is the same as of the content),
and contact page that has no map.
- Four Custom Post Types
Moderna has four Custom Post types you can use for better content organization. These are: Services, Portfolio, Slider and Team members. All four
has many options which will help you writing new content.
- Contact From with Captcha support
Use contact form for getting in touch with your clients. All you need to do is enter your email in Theme options and get Captcha keys to activate great Captcha
script to protect you from spammers.
- Anything slider
Moderna comes with very interactive Anything slider where you can define custom animation for every element inside of a slide panel.
- Filterable portfolio
Filterable portfolio is achieve with beautiful quicksand plugin.
- PrettyPhoto lightbox
Images are displayed with beautiful prettyPhoto lightbox plugin, which is used also for displaying video content.
- 3 level dropdown menu
Dropdown menu has three levels: main visible, first dropdown, second dropdown. It’s based fully on css and uses jQuery only for sliding
- Translation ready (New in v.1.2)
Theme now has translation support. All static text is replaced with translation functions and English .po file generated.
- Custom background (New in v.1.2)
Custom background is presented in v1.2. It is possible to upload image or use custom background color to style website in your way.
- 100% W3C valid HTML files
All of the HTML files that comes with Moderna has been tested with W3C validator and are 100% valid.
- 960 Grid System
Moderna is based on 960 Grid System by Nathan Smith. Illustration of 960 GS columns is presented on “columns” page.
- Google Web Fonts
There are four fonts used in Moderna: Droid Sans, Droid Serif, Pacifico and Advent Pro. All of these fonts are google web fonts so you don’t need
to download every font separately. Also Theme options offers you to use all 500+ avaliable Google Font with just a few clicks.
- Cross-browser compatible
Moderna is tested in all major browsers, that is Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and IE and works good in all of them.
- Very Detailed Documentation
Moderna comes with very detailed documentation which is enhanced with images to make you easier to set up your theme. Yes, this is it what you are now reading.
- 16 November 2012 – First version released
21 November 2012 – Version 1.1
- Fixed Blog section images – height problem
- Fixed bug in Google Analytic – had problem echoing script
- Backend Social Creator fix – data wasn’t properly sanitized
- Few classes in Media Queries changed – problem with images
26 November 2012 – Version 1.2
- Translation ready – files are updated and .po file generated
- Portfolio video item – portfolio item can now be video instead image
- Custom background – added Custom background support
- Portfolio item height fix – bug in portfolio item height
13 December 2012 – Version 1.3
- Services shortcode – fixed bug and added new options
- Blog box shortcode – Fixed bug
- Portfolio – Ability to use multiple portfolio pages with separate filter per page
- Contact form – Captcha protection can be disabled
04 February 2012 – Version 1.4
- Social icons – height fixed
- Slide hashTags removed
- Slider image upload – fixed so it’s possible to set image from Media Library
- Child themes – some of files fixed to support Child themes
Version 1.4.3 – 10 February 2012.
- Page template – fixed Google Maps code for contact page
- Services shortcode – services can now be in fullwidth
- Newsletter shortcode – CSS fixed
Version 1.5 – 08 April 2013.
- Documentation cleaned up
- Button URL bug fixed
- Feature: button opens URL in new window
- Portfolio carousel: auto scroll fixed
- Mobile devices viewport fixed
- Slider slide style: show/hide script fixed
Version 1.5.1 – 25 June 2013.
- Bug: Twitter widget fixed to work with API 1.1.
- Bug: Dropcap styles fixed.
- Feature: Added option for adding custom CSS styles.
- Slider: Disabled animation on page load.
- Slider: Set to sort slides are sorting by date.
- Portfolio: Category name for filter changed to retrieve category name rather than slug.
- Updated language file.
Version 1.5.2 – 01 July 2013.
- Bug: Portfolio.js script wasn’t loading because of dependency on Tweetscroll.js script
- Blog: Post image links to post single.
Version 1.5.3 – 05 August 2013.
- Fixed Strict warning occured in dropdown-menus.php.
- Fixed shortcode modal window issue.
- Changed Services to show content as regular page, not post.
- Removed ‘jswing’ from slider animations.
- TweetScroll widget updated.
Version 1.5.4 – 08 November 2013.
- Fixed group styling in Shortcode Manager.
- Fixed Theme options Typography bug.
- Plugins and scripts updated.
- Portfolio carousel shortcode: post title cut off to 26 letters.
- Carousel shortcode: added options for PauseOnHover and animation Delay.
- Language files updated.
- Added Animation options for slider: CrossFade and Classic right-to-left.
Version 1.5.5 – 07 July 2015.
- Language file updated.
- PrettyPhoto plugin updated.
- Plugins and scripts updated.
- Social Photo Stream plugin updated.
Sources and Credits
- Google Web Fonts
- prettyPhoto Lightbox
- Quicksand plugin
- jQuery Anything Slider
- jQuery Easing
- Tweetable plugin
- HTML5 video
- Icon Sweets
- Icon Sweets 2
- jQuery placeholder
- Images in the Preview:
Important: images used in preview are not included in the download file.