Munch – Restaurant & Business WordPress Theme
Munch is a bold premium WordPress theme. It is perfect for restaurants, bars, cafes, salons, barber shops and many other small businesses with a menu based product offering. It features extensive built in styling options to make tailoring the theme to your business quick and easy as well as some subtle CSS3 animations.
If you import the demo content and are using the existing contact form please make sure you enter your email address in the contact form’s edit screen and edit the “Message Body” to include your site name.
If you encounter a bug in the theme or have any pre purchase questions you can get support by posting your issue or question on the item’s comments page. When posting responses to your post please use the “reply” button on your original post so your conversation is threaded. This makes it easier to follow.
The WP Customizer allows you to configure your site quickly and easily with a live preview of the changes as you go.
To speed things up even more there are four colour scheme presets you can use as they are or as a base for your own colour scheme.
Responsive & Mobile Ready
Whether your visitors are viewing your site using their smartphone while on the move or using their desktop computers at home, Munch always looks great.
Extensive Theme Options
The extensive colour and typography options allow you to tailor the look and feel of your site to match your brand perfectly.
All options are presented in a user friendly manner in the theme options panel.
The Funky Shortcodes plugin includes some simple to use styling shortcodes to give your content a little extra punch.
Shortcodes are easily accessible on the page edit screen via the Visual and Text tabs on the content editor.
Search Engine Optimization
Munch includes schema.org mark-up used by search engines to improve the display of search results, making it easier for the right people to find your website.
Not only will your site be found, visitors will have immediate access to the important information they want to know.
It’s the most popular trend in web design. Munch includes some subtle scrolling effect to give the polished and professional look your business deserves.
You’ll find a 2000+ word documentation file included with the theme that will take you, step by step, through all the common tasks you might need to perform in order to get your site up and running.
If you get stuck you can count on reliable and fast support from an Elite ThemeKeeper author with more than 7,500 happy customers.
Munch includes shortcodes to integrate the two most popular reservation systems, OpenTable and Bookatable, into your site.
Both shortcodes include buttons in the page content editor and a popup window to configure the shortcode.
Turn any page into a quick and simple menu using the menu shortcode. The shortcode is designed to be easy to use but produce an eye catching menu page.
600+ Google Fonts
You can change the font of just about any text that appears on your site from within the theme options. With more than 600 Google fonts to choose from and every font styling option available, you can get your site text looking exactly how you want it.
Drive traffic between your Instagram feed and your website by including your latest images at the bottom of any page. Display the great food you serve and show everyone the fantastic atmosphere your customers enjoy.
- Responsive – Looks great from desktop down to smartphone
- Beautiful – A Clean, bold design that can be customized to match your brand
- Extensive theme options – Change settings, styling, layout and content via the theme options or WP Customizer
- Template options – Tweak specific pages with built in options relating to the specific template you assign them
- Sequence slider – A lightweight slider that utilizes CSS3 animations
- Flexible default page template:
- Additional page templates:
- Unlimited colour options – Match your site to your brand perfectly
- Unlimited font options – With 600+ Google fonts to choose from you are limited only by your creativity
- Customizable Google maps – See the demo
- Instagram feed – Show your latest snaps in the site footer and on the gallery page template
- Social networking – Site footer contains links to your social network profiles including facebook, twitter, google plus and foursquare
- Funky Shortcodes plugin – See the demo
- Funky Restaurants plugin – See the demo
- Menu item shortcode
- OpenTable reservation form shortcode
- Bookatable reservation form shortcode
- Translation ready – Includes .po and WPML configuration .xml files
- Easy to use – Built on existing WordPress functionality
- Demo content – XML file for you to import straight into your WordPress site (excludes images)
- Well documented – 2000+ word documentation file.
Version 1.3.1 – 21 January 2016
- Corrected map lat,lng option name in contact template
- Turned footer email into a clickable link
Version 1.3.0 – 28 July 2016
- Fixed map marker bug.
- Moved Google Map API Key option from theme options to page edit screen.
- Added commas to header address.
Version 1.2.9 – 19 July 2016
- Google Maps JS improvements.
- Replaced “Map Address” template option with “Lat,Lng” template option (no longer uses Geocoding).
- Removed “Google Map Info Window” Contact template option
- Updated translation .pot file
- Fixed some string escaping.
Version 1.2.8 – 07 July 2016
- Updated TGM version
- Escaped variables and translatable strings
- Added Google Maps API key theme option (Theme Options > Contact Info) – API key is now required for Google Maps
- Updated .pot file
- CSS tweaks
Version 1.2.7 – 28 June 2016
- More responsive navigation improvements
Version 1.2.6 – 24 June 2016
- Mobile navigation improvements
Version 1.2.5 – 15 March 2016
- Fixed page header size CSS
- Responsive CSS tweaks
Version 1.2.4 – 08 March 2016
- Fixed some translation string domain names
- Potential fix for navigation alignment bug
- Switch Instagram galleries to WP Instagram Widget plugin
- Added WP Instagram Widget default styling
- Fixed navigation not visible after scaling from mobile to desktop
Version 1.2.3 – 19 January 2016
- Parallax template CSS improvements
- Page header CSS improvements
Version 1.2.2 – 10 December 2015
- Fixed footer Instagram bug
Version 1.2.1 – 10 December 2015
- WP 4.4 comment form CSS fix
Version 1.2.0 – 09 December 2015
- Temporary Instagram feed fix due to API changes
Version 1.1.9 – 30 November 2015
- Added Google map info window popup when marker is clicked
- Fixed navigation bug on window resize
Version 1.1.8 – 26 November 2015
- Added custom WPML Language selector.
Version 1.1.7 – 28 October 2015
- Applied custom thumbnail size to Footer gallery.
- Improved mobile navigation toggle
Version 1.1.6 – 14 September 2015
- Quick fix for slides type template option bug
Version 1.1.5 – 11 September 2015
- Added missing translation strings
- Fixed backup fonts not being output in CSS
Version 1.1.4 – 09 September 2015
- Fixed footer contact details CSS
- Navigation bar alignment CSS fix
- Added WordPress 4.3 site icon support
- Removed fadeOut JS page transition
- Gallery images now automatically size to 470×470px (requires regenerating site thumbnails)
- Fixed Google maps CSS bug
- Contact template CSS tweaks
Version 1.1.3 – 09 June 2015
- Separated header address and header google map link into two options
- Updated language .mo/.po files
Version 1.1.2 – 02 June 2015
- Sequence slider CSS tweaks
- Updated Redux framework config (fixing bug where presets weren’t working
Version 1.1.1 – 25 April 2015
- Instagram feed user query bug fix
Version 1.1 – 23 April 2015
- Updated Redux Metaboxes extension
- Updated Funky Restaurants plugin
- TGM class update
Version 1.0.9 – 08 January 2015
- Improved function that outputs favicons
- Tweak to Instagram feed function
Version 1.0.8 – 23 December 2014
- Improved Instagram feed Emoji filter
- WordPress 4.1 title support
Version 1.0.7 – 30 November 2014
- Changed footer logo into a link
- Improved Instagram feed error messages
- Updated Funky Shortcodes plugin
Version 1.0.6 – 05 November 2014
- Instagram images now link to individual image page rather than profile
- Updated Funky Restaurants
- Fixed Google fonts HTTPS issue
- Fixed slider pagination z-index bug
- Update dummy content to include example reservation and contact forms
Version 1.0.5 – 09 October 2014
- Limited size of home template grid box background images for improved performance.
Version 1.0.4 – 18 September 2014
- Updated Funky Restaurants plugin fixing shortcode typo
Version 1.0.3 – 02 September 2014
- Adjusted TGM Plugin Activation settings
- Switched custom css option fields from ACE editor to textarea due to potential bug
- Fixed Windows Safari navigation CSS bug
Version 1.0.2 – 20 August 2014
- Made Envato Toolkit plugin optional
Version 1.0.1 – 08 August 2014
- IE9 slider animation CSS improvement
- IE9 buttons colour fix CSS
- Social buttons now open in new tab
- Forms and tables css changes
- CSS fix for responsive comments
Version 1.0 – 05 August 2014