You’ve heard this a thousand times – WordPress is the most popular content management system (aka CMS) in the world. W3Techs reports that 59% of sites using CMS are built on WordPress. It’s so successful that it’s almost become a synonym for CMS!
50 Best Premium WordPress Themes – November 2016 Update
The WordPress community has hundreds of thousands of designers and developers all contributing to pushing WordPress forward. Users love WordPress themes because it is painless to set up and can be used to create a business, personal, blog, corporate or portfolio site (to name but a few) and there are countless WordPress tutorials online. So how do you cut through the tens of thousands of themes available to find the best one for you?
Every month we showcase the best in WordPress Themes, as judged by sales from ThemeKeeper:
This month, we see September’s top 10 themes retain their top ten positions (albeit with some small shuffles) in October. We also see 14 brand new entrants to our best sellers list for October.
Top 1 – 10 themes, October 2016
1. Avada reigns supreme again in October!
“Avada is the swiss army knife of WordPress Themes – it does everything!” Collis Ta’eed
Avada is a versatile, easy to use and multi-purpose WordPress theme. This premium theme has been the #1 seller on ThemeKeeper for 4 years – can it ever be trumped?
2. X Theme also sits pretty again in the No.2 position
X Theme was built with the input of industry-leading experts with the goal of being on the cutting edge of WordPress development. Numerous individuals were consulted and asked what sort of features they wanted to see in a theme from an SEO, design and feature-set perspective. The proof of success is obviously demonstrated in sales. Did we mention that X customers can choose between Cornerstone, X’s own front-end page builder, or the very powerful Visual Composer? Both plugins are included with each verified purchase.
3. Enfold is not budging from the No.3 from September to October
Enfold Theme describes itself as clean, super flexible, fully responsive and suited for business and shop websites alike as well as for users who want to showcase their work on a neat portfolio site. The theme is built on top of the Avia Framework and offers support for the WPML multi language plugin – who doesn’t want to internationalise their site?
4. Bridge creeps up 1 spot in October after taking out position 5 in September
Bridge is another WordPress theme that comes with a one click import feature for their demo themes. Choose your favorite design or style, import pages and settings and in moments you can have a fully equipped website up and running. Bridge is also built on the flexible QODE framework.
5. BeTheme drops into position 5, down 1 position from No. 4 in September.
BeTheme is another long time best seller on ThemeKeeper. With an advanced options panel combined with a drag & drop builder tool there is unlimited possibilities with this WordPress theme. BeTheme also comes with a HUGE range of pre-built websites so you can easily import any demo website with one click. Be’s catalogue of ready to go demos include everything from themes for accountants, ad agencies, bands, bars, carpenters, charities, freelancers, hotels, jewellers and record stores.
6. Jupiter is still holding strong in position 6
Jupiter WordPress theme has 45,000 active users worldwide – an impressive endorsement!
Jupiter’s creator Artbees describes the theme as the fastest and lightest business WordPress theme on the market which is super important in an age when search engines will rank or not rank your website over page load time.
Jupiter is a great option particularly for small businesses, enterprises and online shop owners and comes equipped with the WooCommerce plugin.
7. Flatsome sales continue to prove why it’s such a great WooCommerce integrated them. Staying put at No. 7 for another month
Flatsome is a best selling WooCommerce integrated theme which can create super fast websites with unlimited options using a very neat responsive page builder. This them also comes with 500+ Google fonts built in!
8. Uncode‘s position remains unchanged
Uncode is the result of many years experience creating beautiful web designs by a team of designers and developers who dedicate themselves to creating visually stunning websites. Based on Visual Composer and designed with terrific attention to detail, Uncode launched in November 2015 and has already secured a top 10 place in ThemeKeeper’s best sellers, can this theme usurp Avada?
9. As does Newspaper‘s
Supporting YouTube video integration and YouTube rating system, Newspaper is the top selling WordPress theme specifically for content, articles and blogging.
10. Salient‘s position is also unchanged
With over 50,000 total sales to date, Salient is definitely a deserving best in any WordPress theme list. Salient is designed to support any blog and website and is unique in it’s beautiful ability to display videos as backgrounds. The Salient team have also taken the time to build very easy to use shortcodes that new and experienced WP customisers alike will enjoy.
Top 11 – 50 themes, October 2016
11. Impreza – Retina Responsive Theme – moves up one spot to position 11 in October
12. The7 – Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme – down one spot to 12 this month
13. TheGem – Creative Multi-Purpose High-Performance Theme – leaps 6 positions from No. 19 in October
14. Fevr – Creative MultiPurpose Theme – holds firm in position 14 on our October best selling list
15. Total, the Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme jumps 5 spots from position 20 this month
16. You – Another Multi-Purpose Responsive WordPress Theme, You Theme is another brand new entrant in our 50 best sellers
17. Consulting – Business & Finance Theme – jumps 10 positions from position 17 in October
18. Shopkeeper the eCommerce WP Theme for WooCommerce drops 3 spots month on month from 15
19. Kalium the Creative Theme for Professionals drops 2 positions from 17 in September
20. Kallyas the Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme drops 1 position from September
21. Oshine the Creative Multi-Purpose Theme is up 5 spots
22. Publisher the Magazine & Blog WordPress theme is brand new to our top 50 best sellers
23. Porto the Responsive eCommerce Theme is down 1 from last month
24. Houzez the Real Estate Theme bumps up by 1 this October
25. Brooklyn the Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme has dropped 11 spots from best seller No.14 in September
26. Stockholm the Multi-Concept Theme has dropped 6 spots from September to October
27. Education the Educational Web and LMS Theme also takes a tumble from No. 21 last month
28. Ronneby the High-Performance Theme drops 1 spot
29. Listify the WordPress Directory Theme is up 1 spot month on month
30. TheFox the Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme is another brand new theme onto our ThemeKeeper monthly best selling list!
31. Massive Dynamic the Business Theme drops 7 places this month
32. Sahifa the Responsive News/Magazine Theme is up 5 position this month
33. Infinite the Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme, also a brand new entrant to our monthly best sellers list.
34. WPLMS the WP Learning Management System Theme is down 1 spot from 33 in September
35. Kleo is the Community Focused, Multi-purpose BuddyPress Theme is down 6 spots from 29
36. Newsmag the News Magazine Newspaper Theme jumps 3 spots from 39
37. Startit the Startup Business Theme is up 3 positions this month
38. BoomBox is the Viral & Buzz Theme that has jumped 6 spots from 44 in our best sellers list in September
39. Photography the Responsive Photography Theme tumbles a massive 11 positions from September to October
40. XStore, the Responsive WooCommerce Theme has dropped 6 positions from September to October
41. REHub is the Directory, Shop, Coupon & Affiliate Theme which has tumbled 6 positions on our list this month
42. Nitro the Universal WooCommerce Theme makes it’s way up our list 4 positions from last month
43. SEO WP, the Online Marketing & Social Media Agency Theme which takes a 6 position drop from September to October
44. Archi is an Interior Design WordPress Theme that makes it’s debut in the ThemeKeeper best selling list for October.
45. Listable, A Friendly Directory Theme is down 2 positions in our October lbest sellers list
46. Welcome to the top 50 best selling WordPress themes ROSA (an Exquisite Restaurant WordPress Theme).
47. Woffice is the Intranet/Extranet WordPress Theme that makes it’s debut for the first time in this list
48. Another newcomer to this list is the Minimalist AJAX WooCommerce Theme, Savoy
49. YourStore, a WooCommerce Theme is also welcomed to our top 50 best sellers this month.
50. Hydrus (yet another Responsive MultiPurpose WordPress Theme) just scrapes into our October best sellers – also making it’s debut.
Which WordPress Themes fell out of the top 50 sellers from September to October 2016?
(17) Kalium – Creative Theme for Professionals
(18) TheGem – Creative Multi-Purpose High-Performance Theme
(19) Kallyas – Responsive Multi-Purpose Theme
(29) Kleo – Community Focused, Multi-purpose BuddyPress Theme
(31) Voice – Clean News/Magazine Theme
(32) Magone – Responsive Magazine & News Theme
(35) Magneto – Multi Concept Newspaper & Blog Theme
(41) Pillar – Multipurpose Multi-Concept Responsive Theme
(42) WP Pro Real Estate 7 – Responsive Real Estate Theme
(45) Basel – Responsive eCommerce Theme
(47) JobCareer – Job Board Responsive Theme
(48) Unicon – Design-Driven Multi-purpose Theme
(49) Real Homes – WordPress Real Estate Theme
(50) Jobify – WordPress Job Board Theme
Stay tuned for the November numbers next month!